The past month - lunches, brunches and DIY

Its been almost a month since I last posted, and it feels like I haven't stopped but when I look back I've not that much quantifiable stuff

So I've a week and a half off work (being sneaky with holiday around the double bank holiday is ALWAYS a good idea)

During my lovely time off work, I met with some friends and had some lovely afternoons out and some absolutely delicious food!

This involved yummy cupcakes from a lovely little bakery in Norwich called Cupcakes and Co. They've got amazing flavours and the lady who served was so friendly :) and a gorgeous brunch from Café No 33 where I had American style pancakes with maple syrup and fruit. I was also lucky enough to snag a free Byron burger from an event they were hosting which was delicious

I also had a few dinners out - one at Zizzi's for a great friends birthday where I had a gorgeous cheese fondue that was to die for! A chilli dog and ice cream sundae on a team night out at Zaks American Diner. And then a great catch up with a girlfriend at Pizza Hut with a make your own stuffed crust pizza

It's safe to say that I've been an absolute foodie for the last few weeks with more to come, such as having afternoon tea at Norwich Assembly House at the weekend which I am really looking forward to




I find I really difficult to buy clothes as I'm quite unhappy with my weight and the way I look (helped in no part by my lack of self control when it comes to delicious food) - clothes shopping normally ends up with me ending teary in the changing rooms trying something on in a size that 'should' fit but I then can't do up. However I couldn't resist when I found this gorgeous little black dungaree dress from Topshop. Now Topshop isn't somewhere I have shopped in YEARS as I can't normally find anything I like. So when this fit, and I actually felt ok wearing it I was shocked and so had to purchase!


Me and the hubs have been on a bit of a home improvement kick recently which will be an ongoing project while we look to get our flat ready before we move next year. We currently live in a 1 bed flat with a small garden, along with our 3 cats (Herbert, Lola and Florence) and our dog Peggy. As we've been here for 12 years, it's about time we tidy it up and move on before we look to hopefully increase our family with some babies

So, we're starting with our bathroom. After I broke some of the tiles by dropping a bottle of shampoo on the floor (how I don't know but I did), we began by changing the floor to vinyl tiles which look like dark grey slate - it's simply gorgeous and my hubs did a fab job of cutting it all in around the toilet and sink. So we're now painting some of the tiles that were blue into a gorgeous grey instead, the bath panel needs to be painted, new sealant, shower, taps - plus so much more. When I start doing something, I just want to do the whole room - so I'm looking at new towels, accessories, everything so I get to have fun by finding lots of pretty new things for the flat :)


I've also had some lovely days out, mostly walking the gorgeous Peggy. She's 2 now, but is so dinky everyone always thinks she's a puppy. She's a Jack Russell cross, but not sure exactly what she's crossed with. As my hubs works nights, she's a constant source of company and is one of the friendliest dogs in the world (although I may obviously be biased)


As well as spending time with the puppy, my hubs and I took a visit to the Castle Museum in Norwich. Neither of us have been since we were children so thought we'd treat ourselves and see if it was like we remembered. We both remembered some bits, but others were a complete surprise. For me, I remember visiting and seeing all the animals but when I was a kid it felt like to exhibition was huge and when I went back as an adult it seems much smaller although was still really great to see it all again. There was also an amazing dolls house exhibition which may not sound that great but it was really interesting to see the dolls houses from all the different decades. Maybe it's because I never had a dolls house as a kid?







So that's most of my new adventures in the last few weeks, and I'm looking forward to many more to come in the future

Much love

Kelly xoxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post...

All Time Low & Cambridge